The following table details some choice rim models in the 16x1-3/8", 17" and 20x1.5" ranges, which theoretically should be available in a shop somewhere in the world (or has been until recently :-). Other possible sizes (like ERTRO 340 [=400A], 355, 390 [=450A], 440 [=500A], 451) have been omitted either because they are too obscure or simply too large to fit in (most) 20" Moulton frames.
Only rims that have a reasonably narrow section,
An overview of basic specifications for narrowish tyres can be found here.
Please also refer to the rim/tyre size compatibility overview at the bottom of this page.
Legend of column header letters for this table:
[C] Weight (g)
[D] Drilling (number of spoke holes)
[E] Finish colours
[F] Outside width (mm) for reference
[G] Effective Rim Diametre (ERD)
[H] Spoke hole eyelets yes/no (Y/N)
[J] Valve stem hole size:
6 = fits Presta/French/Sclaverand
8 = fits Schraeder/Automotive and Woods/Dunlop/Blitz
[K] Sources of information for corresponding items:
m) As measured by me
s) Quoted from manufacturer's official Specs
1) The Moultoneer #51 p58
2) URL: mnhpva.org/tires/tires.html
3) URL: BikeFriday Tire pages
4) URL: www.poweroncycling.com
5) Ian Hodgson advertisements
6) URL: ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Ludger_Buetfering_HPV/reifen.htm
7) URL: www.ihpva.org/pipermail/hpv-forsale/2000ql/000263.html
12) URL: www.sheldonbrown.com/rinard/spocalc.htm
13) URL: URL: www.pedalkraft.de/felgen.htm
14) URL: www.dtswiss.com (DT Swiss on-line spoke calculator).
15) URL: www.mkbike.com.pl/mavicxx.html